Saturday, December 18, 2021

Blinded

As I’m writing this a storm is blowing through that was supposed to provide some snow and an outside chance at a white Christmas. New England though had some other ideas and we started off with rain which has since changed over to ice. This should be fun. We didn’t plan anything today because we knew this thing was blowing in but the lack of snow is frustrating, especially because I have the shortest window of my life in New England to see some snow this winter. I’m not upset about that as I’m going to be on a Panamanian beach early in January through the beginning of April. Still, hopes for a white Christmas endure.

Newly Installed Blinds
The accumulation of indoor tasks was specially earmarked for today based on the weather reports. That started out with the installation of window blinds in the dining room. I confidently told my Favorite Panamanian that I had watched Deckzilla Dude install the blinds in our master bedroom and felt I could handle this minor project with ease. I knew I should have kept my mouth shut. I installed the first bracket with only some minor donation of knuckle skin when I accidently knocked over a nearby wall ornament. That broke my potentially longest streak ever of not breaking things. The absence of Buddy the Wonder Pooch has greatly aided that streak. Predictably the ornament was very special to my wife, a memento from Panama, and shattered into a thousand pieces when it landed at my feet. My expression of alarm brought my nearby wife racing to the scene. She might start talking t o me again by Christmas. In the end I started to use a drill to put the screws in which speeded things up and spared the remaining wall ornaments. Now it’s on the wrapping presents in my very quiet house.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment