Friday, July 9, 2021

Long Sought Linkup

I’m typing this update as two of my favorite people in the entire world are a short distance away in the Man Cave enjoying a Disney movie. The link up of cousins took place earlier today as the ABFA fought her way through the remnants of Hurricane Elsa to deliver the BRS to spend a few days with her grandparents who were already fortunate enough to have her cousin, the FBR, in residence. Earlier this year the two cousins got together and we’re talking house of fire level connection for both sides. There’s just something special about cousins.

I Think They Like Each Other
The FBR has been on pins and needles since her arrival awaiting the BRS. The rain stopped momentarily yesterday which allowed us some time outside. We practiced whiffle ball on the side lawn in which the FBR showed some real promise if the number of times she sent her grandpa chasing the ball out into the street is any indication. It warmed my heart to see that she throws the ball right-handed but bats from the left side; just like her grandfather. We took a break from the whiffle ball for a Deckzilla tea party followed by a spirited game of hide and seek as well as Hide the Treasure (don’t ask). I was once again stunned at the amount of energy expended. The younger generation handled this expense much better than yours truly.

Craft Morning with Abuela

FBR Hard at Work

Preparing Welcome Gifts for BRS

And her Youngest Cousin

Good Whiffle Ball Form

Deckzilla Tea Party

Serving Grandpa
I was making my weekly calls to the GMs that work for me today and had to explain the Disney movie sounds in the background. We encouraged the ABFA to remain with us after lunch until Elsa continued her trek north. I think the ABFA is having more trouble with the separation from her daughter than the BRS is. That would be directly related to the presence of the FBR for the BRS. That old cousins thing again. It should be an interesting weekend.

FBR Snuck her Abela's Lipstick this Morning

And Snapped a Picture of her Mom During a Facetime Call
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment