Thursday, December 17, 2020

Nor’Eastering

The weather guys/gals have been crowing about this major snow storm that was supposed to hit overnight and through today. As I wrote about earlier I was a little excited because for the first time in years I only had my driveway to worry about, no commute, or work related issues. Therefore, I was a little disappointed when I was heading upstairs to bed last night around midnight and we only had about an inch or so. I thought this was another case of the weather dudes overemphasizing. I awoke this morning to find that, if anything, they underestimated. There was well over a foot on the ground and looks like we’ll end up with over 18 inches by the time the snow winds down later today.

BR3 and BRS 
Thankfully it’s the light powdery type which is easy to move but carries with it the same faculty for the wind which we have a bunch of. I walked out to the street to retrieve the paper and a half hour later the wind had filled everything in. There are already some waist high snow drifts. I’ll send some before and after photos tomorrow. I think this may be one of those storms where I end up clearing the driveway multiple times as the drifts develop. It gives me something to do while in isolation. I think a white Christmas is all but assured, barring some tropical front moving through before the 25th.  I think we’ve seen the last of the lawn’s grass for a while. It also snowed down in New Jersey which the FBR was extremely pleased about. Wingman recently acquired a second-hand snow suit that has the FBR looking like she’s ready to go tactical.

FBR in Tactical Mode

Out the Front Door This Morning
Another Six hours of Snow to Go

Deckzilla Wind Scoured

Daughter Took This Photo Last Night in NJ
Snow Reflected so Much Light it was Like Twilight
Apparently, the world keeps moving outside our quarantine bubble. One of the nicest people in the world, the ABFA’s dad, had his birthday yesterday. He was able to travel to my son’s home over the past weekend to celebrate with his granddaughters which is really the best birthday present possible. The BRS looks to thrown herself into the celebration of probably her favorite person outside of her mom and dad.

Birthday Boy and his Biggest Fan

Quick Dad, Take the Picture
So I can get at These Cupcakes

BR3 Impossibly Cute
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment