Saturday, January 7, 2012

Friday Night's Alright

Last night my wife made plans for us to meet up with some friends in Worcester for pizza and beer.  Friday night is always pizza night and this was a nice change up for our normal routine.  I got home and was told we would be meeting this couple and had to leave immediately.  I was kind of hoping for a little bit of respite but when my wife has a plan - she is not to be denied.  We ended up arriving and waiting for for about 15 minutes for the other couple.  After a half hour the third couple joined us and we had a fantastic time as stories and jokes were flying.  The restaurant was owned by an Italian guy named Luigi is also the hairdresser for all the females in the crowd.  Luigi has reached almost legendary status and he enjoyed coming over to visit where the wives all treated him like a rock star.  He seemed harmless and did send us over a free dessert.  As dinner was winding down and I was preparing to get in the car and head home, still tired from no break after work, my wife and another revealed they wanted the group to head over to another bar where Latino music was scheduled to be played.  The other husband and I agreed that this must have been planned ahead of time by these two.  My wife abjectly denied any such thing and offered as proof that she did not wear dancing shoes, thin evidence in my book.  The guys got revenge when we showed up at the other place and found out it wouldn't be opening for another hour.  Not to be denied the wives quickly shifted plans and we headed to a Japanese restaurant, of all things, where a live band was supposed to be playing.  When we arrived the band was just setting up and after 45 minutes it was clear they weren't really sure how to with several people from audience offering advice.  This became so funny I decided I had to wait and see what they could do.  When they finally did take the stage they all wore 70s era costumes to include some really atrocious wigs.  As anyone in my family will tell you I have no musical ability, whatsoever, but even with that limited ability I could tell these guys were almost historically bad.  There was a high level of unintentional comedy which in itself was kind of entertaining.  This was a group of 20 somethings because as they tried to play 70s music it was obvious they were lost.  Still as we headed home I had to smile because it had been a very entertaining evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment