Thursday, December 22, 2022

Move in & Creamy January

The last phase of the great garage makeover is complete. Yesterday I moved the last displaced items back into the garage and we were finally able to park the cars there last night. We’d become very spoiled having the cars inside over the years and don’t even own a windshield scraper which was needed a couple days over the past week. I know, my problems seem astronomical. I’m growing to really like the new floor although it’s taken some getting used to. I now don’t want to get it dirty at all which is problematic given the inside outside traffic it experiences daily. Somewhere my Favorite Panamanian is smiling when she hears me wanting to keep floors clean.

Move in Complete
The filial units are completing Christmas cookie baking efforts with the last batches successfully out of the oven over the past couple nights. The granddaughters are doing their part when it comes to taste testing, a time honored family tradition. A position I rightfully gerrymandered into my resume as family patriarch. Tough job, but, you know. I’m so excited about their impending arrival starting tomorrow!

FBR Doing her Part

Inspecting Results

And, of Course, the Most Important Part
The dermatologist hasn’t called me yet but I get notifications of lab results and the biopsy they took Tuesday was visible today. It is cancerous and will have to be treated. I’ve had so many of these damned things that I can now read the results and know what she’s going to tell me. The cancerous tissue reached the edge of the biopsy which means they didn’t excise the whole thing with the biopsy. This means when it heals up, I’ll have to start treating it with chemotherapy cream for a month, the last week of which is always a stone-cold bitch. So, it looks like sun screen isn’t the only cream I’ll be lathering on at the beach in January.

Three movies fell in my A-Z effort, all keepers, Dark City (infinitely weird but ultimately compelling), Dark Tower (enjoyable but short of what Roland deserved), and Dave (I’d vote for Kline)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS:                                     

ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete - my daughter in law; BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3; BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; CRC - Connecticut Riverboat Captain – another close friend from high school, renowned sailor of the big river; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during him her single days in Brooklyn; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter; First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd Musquetera (musketeer); Namesake Nephew – son of Great Aunt and Soxfather named after me; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; PCR - Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; PCR+1 - Pittsburgh College Roommate’s wife; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; Soxfather - my brother in law; Tia Loca – wife’s younger sister; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment