Saturday, October 9, 2021

Omnivore

The BRS and BR3 continue to develop at a remarkable pace. We’re confined to just FaceTime calls for the most part but both of them seemed to have embraced that medium when they recognize our voices. The BRS has developed a very effective technique for controlling her dad. I warned my son upon her birth that it wouldn’t be too long before his daughter had him wrapped around her finger (I have some experience in this area). It’s something they’re born with. I’m convinced. This week’s episode involved a BRS request for a back yard fire. Yes, my pyromaniacal gene seems to have rooted in the BRS. She came home every day from school asking her dad for a fire until he exasperatingly told her she would have to wait for the weekend. So that’s what she did and when she came home from school yesterday she walked up to my son and told him that he promised her a fire on Saturday night. At that point he admitted defeat. I think the desire for the fire was enhanced by something she inherited from the ABFA – a love of chocolate, because when she excitedly told me about her impending blaze she seemed more excited about the attendant S’mores.

The Family Omnivore

BRS Spellcasting Dad
I’ve written before about the voracious appetite of my youngest granddaughter. She imposes a food tax upon anyone brave enough to eat food in her presence. Last night, during the family FaceTime, she was at the back of the yard with the ABFA on the playground when my son opened to back door to announce the arrival of the pizza. BR3 took off at a dead run for the house where even the ABFA, best family athlete, was challenged to keep up with her.

BRS Composing one of her Masterpieces

Rare Non-Eating Moment for BR3

BRS Holds her Own as Well
BR3 is not willing to wait for organized meals. Earlier this week she imposed her food tax on Riggins. She grabbed a piece of his dry dog food and thrust it into her mouth before taking off at a dead run to avoid her horrified mother who was in hot pursuit to remove the food before it could be ingested. BR3 thought it was a great game. She’s extended her appetite at school as well. My son received reports this week that BR3 had tried to eat both acorns and tree bark. I guess she was jealous with all the eating she saw the squirrels doing. At any rate, humans are omnivores and BR3 seems to be radically human.

BRS at School

BR3 Also has an Artistic Side

And Finally Hair Long Enough for Pony Tails

Speaking into her Phone, Probably Ordering Pizza
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment