Sunday, October 10, 2021

Boosted

Both my Favorite Panamanian and I received our Covid booster shots on Friday. It was remarkable how easy it has become, almost routine, versus the first shots. After spending hours trying to get those first shots earlier this year I checked on line and there were virtually hundreds of appointments available. My wife is always cautious about vaccinations because she has ben fairly susceptible to after effects. I, on the other hand, have never had that kind of issue (except for the shingles vaccine that is). Since I was talking big smack about this early on Saturday it is only fitting that I spent the afternoon bundled up on the Man Cave couch feeling lethargic. Again, karma can be a stone cold, well, you know.Luckily there was a lot of college football to watch and I also cleared out all the back episodes of shows my “kids” have inveigled me to start watching. I cleared out that back log and was just starting to feel better when my Favorite Panamanian returned from her day long shopping expedition. I know there was a little bit of pride that she felt no after effects whatsoever.

BR3 Comforting Riggins This Morning

With Hugs

Riggins experienced a rough day yesterday as well. My Favorite Son related the story this morning. They were going apple picking yesterday as a family and let Riggins out to do his morning constitutional. He then started one of his patented pell-mell runs around the yard so they left him out there to expend the energy while they got the kids ready. As will happen with two very active toddlers to corral Riggins was lost in the departure excitement, each adult thinking the other had taken care of bringing him inside. After two and a half hours they returned and my son remarked on what the tan colored bag was next to their driveway. Of course, it was Riggins who had “enjoyed” a morning outside, something he‘s not a fan of without company. He’s a good dog though and hadn’t wandered. He got revenge on my son by sleeping on his leg last night.

I forgot to mention the past week’s movie date. We went to see Venom, Let There be Carnage, I know, real romantic. I loved the first Venom movie so this was going to be a tough follow up but it manages to capture a lot of the fun from the original. This is a tribute to Tom Hardy who once again portrays the semi-hero occupied by a carnivorous alien. The funniest moments were the couples therapy the two go through as they adjust to life together. Woody Harrelson is his usual spooky self as the serial killer who gets his own alien occupier, setting up a huge climatic fight between the four of them. This wasn’t as good as the original but still plenty of fun and dare I say, carnage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment