Monday, September 19, 2011

Crabcakes are Not For Me

I just spent a long week in Maryland and it was only four days long.  I was there for a conference for work as well as to interview for a potential new job.  I finally met a lot of the people at corporate whom I only knew through phone and email conversations.  That was the best part of the conference but it was clear to me that I am still considered an outsider by many, those who "grew up" in the industry.  Of course, it could be me, as I do not put myself out there socially as some do. We had a dinner cruise from Baltimore's inner harbor - once we left the harbor - the view was mostly oil tanks and derelict ships.   First time on Jet Blue - very positive.  I really liked the opportunity and challenges presented by the job - it involved taking over a dysfunctional outfit.  Unfortunately, the company's contract with my company runs out in June and while I was assured we stood a "good chance" of renewing - there was no way I was placing my family's financial future on such soggy turf.

No comments:

Post a Comment