Sunday, December 17, 2023

And it Feels So Good

Yes, we’re talking reuniting here. My Favorite Panamanian finally escaped Panama on Friday and despite yet another delay arrived in Boston to claim her rose bouquet. I had a bit of a wait in the terminal E reception area which I’ve gotten to know so well over the years. The house once again feels appropriately filled with the amount of life only this my Favorite Panamanian can produce. I felt so good a was that happy to vanquish the loneliness her absence represented. Granted, I’m sure she wasn’t as pleased to have me along as I was looking for an exit strategy as soon as we walked into the store. Finally, I have to take issue with the many comments I received when I published this picture of my Favorite Panamanian and I at the airport. The lighting fixture over my head simulated a halo and apparently a number of people thought this was hilarious. I laughed along with them until I thought about it and said, “Hey!”. The more I thought about it, I had to agree, totally unwarranted and therefore funny.

My Angelic Pose

She's Back!!
As heavy rain encompasses the East Coast, I am pronouncing this as Cookie Weekend. Both my son and daughter launched the annual Christmas cookie endeavor this weekend with the able assistance of my granddaughters. The FBR shows she can still wear cookie batter well and I’m sure all three will find bedtime a challenge once the sugar rush hits. My Favorite Panamanian is laboring directly above me to create her contribution to the cookie haul. I put on two to three pounds every time I leave the Man Cave to pass through the kitchen.  The two youngest granddaughters seem to have overcome their aversion/fear of Santa. They’re probably recalling how generous he was last Christmas. I’m starting to get my annual Christmas high as we roll closer, especially with my roommate back in residence.

FBR, Batter Up!

Great Picture of Son & ABFA

BR3 and Santa

BRS Joins the Lap

So Cute!
Three movies fell in my A-Z watch, all keepers: Hostage, better Willis action than I remember; Hot Fuzz, funny send up of action flicks; and The Hot Spot, young Madsen and Connelly, oh my.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS:                                     

ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete - my daughter in law; BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3; BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; CRC - Connecticut Riverboat Captain – another close friend from high school, renowned sailor of the big river; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during him her single days in Brooklyn; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter; First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd Musquetera (musketeer); Namesake Nephew – son of Great Aunt and Soxfather named after me; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; PCR - Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; PCR+1 - Pittsburgh College Roommate’s wife; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; Soxfather - my brother in law; Tia Loca – wife’s younger sister; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment