Saturday, February 4, 2023

Anti-Polar Vortex

We’re doing our very best to not gloat too much as the folks back in New England suffer through an historically cold day. Great Aunt is thoroughly enjoying the weather reports as she basks in the sun, something she always used to take me to task for. Grass is literally greener, I guess. We had a very informative First Friday Facetime call with the cold weather troops back home. My Favorite Son’s home theater passed its final inspection from the town and he was starting to file his movie collection that has been waiting eight years for a place to call home. He’ll watch the first movie there tonight, a good night to stay home. He’s already tested the sound system and says it only shakes the right side of the house which is good since the BRS and BR3 bedrooms are on the left side.

Sunset Last Night with Great Aunt






Speaking of those worthies, both had haircuts yesterday. This was her first ever for BR3 who reportedly was a little nervous beforehand but as soon as she arrived, she acted like she was in charge. The BRS claimed she needed a haircut in advance of her upcoming trip to Panama to guard against the beach crabs. I may have oversold their presence.

BRS Before

BR3 Before

BRS After

BR3 After
The FBR was also present and her mother proudly reported that the FBR is reading at 3rd grade level. This doesn’t come as a major surprise as she was born with the family reading gene. All are very excited about the upcoming week they’re going to spend together with us on the beach. I think their excitement pales in comparison with the grandparents though.

Son Stocking his Shelves



Pelicans Flying the Surf this Morning

Beach Buzzards This Morning

Great Aunt on our Balcony

Beach Walk with my Favorite Panamanian This Morning

Beach Report Out, Stay Warm :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS:                                     

ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete - my daughter in law; BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3; BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; CRC - Connecticut Riverboat Captain – another close friend from high school, renowned sailor of the big river; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during him her single days in Brooklyn; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter; First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd Musquetera (musketeer); Namesake Nephew – son of Great Aunt and Soxfather named after me; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; PCR - Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; PCR+1 - Pittsburgh College Roommate’s wife; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; Soxfather - my brother in law; Tia Loca – wife’s younger sister; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment