Friday, June 17, 2022

Leaning Into the Weekend

This promises to be one of those weekends where I’ll wake up on Monday (at least, that’s the plan) and try to savor the good times that just passed way, way too quickly. I know there are the timorous amongst you that say I’m jinxing myself with this pronouncement, but I have an unmitigated regard for the people I’m going to be with and feel too confident fun will come to pass. My Favorite Panamanian is flitting around various beaty emporiums today prepping herself for the wedding we will attend this afternoon. She didn’t even consider my opinion when I told her no improvement was needed (I’m not a complete idiot). This is the wedding of our next door neighbor’s daughter which I wrote about in the last post linking Texas and Syria.

Wingman Surprise
Very Happy FBR
Barely having time to recover from what I’m sure will be exertions on many levels, I’m thinking the dance floor, we head north tomorrow to spend Saturday night at my Favorite Son’s place in preparation for Fathers’ Day on Sunday. We’ll be celebrating that at the ABFA’s parents’ home in Hudson and we’ve never failed to have a singularly fantastic time with the people who will be assembled there. So, Monday may seem far away but it’ll be upon me before I have a chance to blink.

BRS Graduation Day
Wingman pulled another one of his patented surprise returns on the FBR yesterday. He’s been out on tour which will be coming through New York City this weekend so the FBR knew she would see him then. He stole a march and showed up yesterday to pick her up from school. My daughter sent a video of the surprise meeting and the beaming eyes of the FBR said all that was needed. Yesterday was also a big day for the BRS as she graduated from pre-school into pre-kindergarten which is a thing now. The ABFA texted photos from yesterday and the day she started pre-school and it was a stark reminder of how fast these granddaughters are growing up. Not to be outdone BR3 was also photo’d showing a full recovery from the conjunctivitis and beaming her 1000 watt smile.

BR3 Back in Action
So, a very full weekend is staring me in the face and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I could use a little excitement as well, other than the mid-week party that provided me with my henna stained finger, it’s been fairly quiet. I even knocked out another puzzle in less than a day. It was recently gifted to me and of course had the obligatory missing one piece. So, I’m not the only one with that curse.

Latest Puzzle
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS:                                        

ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete - my daughter in law; BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3; BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter; First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; Soxfather - my brother in law; Tia Loca – wife’s younger sister; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment