Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Do I Need A Cone?

I’m truly enjoying the removal of the top of the head bandage which was incredibly hard to keep in place due to hair growth (as limited as that might have become). The showers have been a truly special event each day as I can finally wash my hair instead of using my Favorite Panamanian’s makeup remover towelettes to clean my hair. I even forgot about the still sensitive incision this morning when I was drying the hair. The wound quickly reminded me to be more careful. The ear wound has been another story. I have to clean and change the bandage there twice a day. My biggest problem with that is in how much the damn thing itches. My Favorite Panamanian opined that maybe I needed to be fitted with a cone to keep my hands away from it.

I have, so far, resisted that eventuality, having seen how badly Buddy the Wonder Pooch once handled that situation. I made the mistake lasty night of turning over in my sleep to the wrong side, the one with the gaping wound in the ear. Again, I received a quick reminder and it only took an hour and a half to fall back asleep. While the surgeon pronounced the skin graft to be nicely healing, it looks like someone packed fresh hamburger into my right ear. He said not to worry if it turned blue (!!!) because it would eventually match the surrounding skin. I think the word I’m looking for is, “Yikes!.


With a gently placed hat to cover my now exposed Friar Tuck haircut we headed for the cinema yesterday to see Boy Kills World. The title is actually very descriptive as a young boy, having witnessed the killing of his family by a despotic city ruler is set on a course for revenge by a martial arts tutor. The latest Pennywise is cast as the adult version and he make the movie. He’s been rendered deaf/ mute and has an inner voice which lends some much needed comedy to the brutal action scenes. There are some superbly choreographed, cartoonish fight scenes leading up to the well set up twists and turns of the climatic battle. This was a great ride as long as the CGI blood spatter doesn’t offend. Again, a great ride.

In my A-Z watch, four fell since I last posted, all keepers, Blazing Saddles (upgrade), still so funny if completely politically incorrect; The Creator(new addition), really good examination of future war with AI, with humans as the bad guys; I am Number Four; great Sci Fi with superb supporting cast; and The Ice Harvest; supremely funny dark comedy of bumbling thieves with Oliver Platt stealing every scene as a drunken friend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS:                                

ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete - my daughter in law; BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3; BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; CRC - Connecticut Riverboat Captain – another close friend from high school, renowned sailor of the big river; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during him her single days in Brooklyn; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter; First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd Musquetera (musketeer); Namesake Nephew – son of Great Aunt and Soxfather named after me; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; PCR - Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; PCR+1 - Pittsburgh College Roommate’s wife; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; Seis Amigos - two couples from our condo complex and my wife and I; Soxfather – my brother in law; Tia Loca – wife’s younger sister; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment