Thursday, August 10, 2017

Momentum

Future Pool Connoisseur - Imitating Airplane
First of all – thank you all from the bottom of my wife and my hearts for the messages we received yesterday surrounding the demise of Buddy the Wonder Pooch. Those messages really helped at a very emotional time, so thank you. I know he was just a dog but that is a vast understatement as to his impact on our lives. My biggest thanks go to Great Aunt who insisted Buddy, already sick, stay with her for this week despite her own recent knee replacement surgery. She handled all the details yesterday and made sure I was able to see and talk to Buddy during his last moments. Again, some debts can never be repaid sufficiently. They threw away the mold when they created the Great Aunt.
Wife and I in Condo Pool
My wife was just as broke up about Buddy’s departure as I was despite their many conflicts about food thefts and couch encroachment. We decided the best way to deal with the distant pain was to stay busy and that turned out to be easy. We spent a couple hours making the final selections for lighting for the condo and then loaded up the car and headed back to Las Lajas. It’s weird that we don’t even own the place officially yet but they still let us use it and make all the needed additions in the way of furniture and appliances. Panama is a lot less formal.
Wife and Her Sister

As Seen from our Condo Balcony
I'm Up on Balcony Imagining Granddaughter Swimming
We had the entire condo complex and the beach to ourselves yesterday once we arrived. The electrician got to work installing the various lighting fixtures we’d purchased and my wife and sister in law spent a lot of time in the pool and the beach. The waves were huge but not up to Las Lajas usual standard for body surfing. I’m going to have to learn the intricacies of this section of the beach. I spent most of the time back in the condo on the balcony of helping the electrician – again staying busy. My mind kept creeping back to a certain black lab but I was able to salve those dark thoughts with mental images of my granddaughter jumping into the pools I could see below. They were made for each other.

Best Weekend Ever 8 Years Ago 
And Once Again 5 Years Later

Finally with all the personal drama ongoing I didn’t pay proper respect to the anniversaries of the Best Weekends Ever. My kids got married on subsequent dates, albeit five years apart. With increasing years this is very convenient when it comes to remembering. The promise of those two weekends continue to be redeemed in the married lives the two couples have created for themselves. Even though I had very little to do with it the proudest accomplishments of my life are the Favorite Son and Jersey Daughter. They also proved to have fantastic taste in choosing their spouses and I cherish the times we’re all together. So please accept my genuine congratulations for another year of continued excellence in the matrimonial arena for the two most important people in my life.
Lighting Additions - Kitchen and Entrance

Master bath

Guest Bathroom

Living Room and Dining Room

No comments:

Post a Comment