Sunday, January 15, 2012

Great Night with Friends, I-phones and Pats

My wife and I attended a long planned evening dinner party with friends from work last night.  The hosting couple lives about 20 miles away in an even more remote setting than we do.  They were fantastic hosts and I really enjoyed seeing what they had done updating a really old farm house.  The food was great but the company was even better.  I do not believe there is a better way to spend an evening than with good friends sharing stories and poking fun at each other.  The added benefit last night was one of the other gals there had also recently received an I-Phone.  My wife latched onto her and they spent most of the evening getting my wife's I-Phone finally set up.  I have been somewhat lost in trying to get her going on it and my two tech gurus, son and daughter, have not been around to help.  My wife and this new coach had a great time next to each other while the rest of us poked fun at each other.  They even set up a face time video chat with my daughter which was cool.  Apparently I have to be nice to this "coach" for a while.  She and I have always had a good time trying to one up each other, in a very New England funny kind of way.  A small price to pay to have my wife comfortable with her new phone.  We stayed and watch the first half of the Patriots game and that was a huge success as the Pats totally dominated the Tim Tebow led Broncos.  The Patriots defense which was horrible most of the year really stood up and outclassed the Broncos.  My wife drove home because of the somewhat impressive amount of beer I indulged in.  It was a great evening on so many levels - the best part - the quality time spent with people I really care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment